Thank you all for a great 2012!
We are currently accepting orders for 2013.
Seattle area customers - We do a delivery rendezvous for each harvest.
"We adore it. Every guest who ate a cut said it was hands down the best piece of beef they had ever had…. Truly, truly amazing."
Holly Smith, Chef-Owner of Cafe Juanita
"NOT ONLY IS THIS THE BEST BEEF I HAVE EVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF EATING, I had the good fortune to walk through Scott’s pastures with him.
He is truly a grass farmer who passionately explores ALL avenues in creating the absolute best product he can. Not only for the end product that we eat but also for the health and well being of his animals and our environment.
Scott clearly is educated and motivated to do his part when it comes too responsible farming. His commitment to educating himself and others is nothing less than remarkable”.
Tamara Murphy, Chef
melt-in-your-mouth texture is juicy yet resilient. The flavor is very complex,
a perfect balance of well aged tang and a sweet rich earthiness. It was unlike
any beef I've tasted before, a taste that kept me coming back for more.
This meat is truly magnificent!"
Kim Bast, Custom
Excellent management and the Wagyu breed combine to produce the best
- Sweet Grass Farm Wagyu "had an insane omega-6 to omega-3 ratio of 1.15 to 1, and it’s fat was the least saturated fat of all the samples.... Anyone who says cattle can't marble on grass should have seen that rib steak, which scored better than USDA Prime. Meyers told me his steak tasted like “beef times a hundred,” which, if anything,is a tad conservative. The steak was so rich and flavorful I had to eat it slowly. It was so juicy and the taste so intense that I was reminded of extremely ripe fruit. It was to steak what espresso is to coffee. I couldn't even cut through it at normal speed. I found myself watching the slow and delicate action of my knife as it sawed across the fine-grained flesh and released juice. It was like steak with headphones on."
Mark Shatzker, Author of STEAK, One Man's Search for the Worlds Tastiest Piece of Beef.
other farm produces Wagyu Beef like Sweet Grass Farm.
- The best in genetics. We run a closed herd (no buying market steers and finishing them). We know every animal and are very selective in our breeding.
- Zero stress management in support of the land, wildlife and the
- Their diet is 100% grass from our pastures and hay we produce.
- On farm slaughter using our clean stress free corral system and the USDA inspected mobile slaughter unit.
- Mature harvest age of over 2 years to bring out the very best in Wagyu
Sweet Grass Farm we walk the walk. You are always welcome to visit and see how we farm.
"Scott, Thank you for taking the time to show Tim and
I your farm. I was very impressed and learned a lot about good stewardship,
areas protection (and restoration), and maintaining economic viability. I have
a much greater appreciation of the challenges and opportunities farmers face
in balancing these needs. Your operation is a model of what is possible and
look forward to continuing
our discussions for the critical areas ordinance update".
Paul S. Anderson,
Washington State Department of Ecology
- Our cattle are raised
without hormones or antibiotics. We produce all our own winter hay from fields that are free of herbicides and chemical fertilizers.
Winter can be an exciting and challenging time. You never know what to expect. We have spent years building winter holding areas to protect our herd and keep them clean and healthy.